Caverta Tablets (Sildenafil Citrate)
Active Ingredient (Generic Name):
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
4 Tablets in strip
6 To 15 days
What is Caverta used for?
Caverta Tablet is a drug manufactured by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LTD. which is an Indian multinational pharmaceutical company that manufactures and sells active constituents in India and the United States of America. Caverta is used to help in treating Erectile Dysfunction (ED) where obtaining and sustaining an erection can’t be reached during sexual arousal. Erectile Dysfunction can occur due to diabetes, psychosomatic disorder, and spinal cord injury. Caverta is also used to treat Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) which is a high blood pressure of the arteries and blood vessels in the lungs and the right side of the heart. This medicine helps to increase and improve the exercise in both patients. Caverta Tablet is a (PDE 5 inhibitor) or Phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor which affects the relaxation of the muscles and dilation of the arteries. The main active constituent is Sildenafil (the same active constituents in Viagra). It helps the blood vessels around the penis to relax thus increasing blood flow going there helping men suffering from Erectile Dysfunction (ED) also known as impotence.
How to use Caverta?
Caverta Tablet is a drug that is prescribed orally. You can swallow the tablet with water or milk. This medicine should be taken 30 – 50 minutes prior to sexual activity. It takes from 30 minutes to an hour to get absorbed in the blood and reach the desired result. The effect of Caverta Tablet can last up to 4 hours.
• The Caverta dose is usually prescribed by your doctor since it can vary according to your case. So the physician can detect if you need a larger dose and will be able to adjust it accordingly.
• The maximum dose of Caverta tablet is 100 mg per day. It is strictly prohibited to take this medicine more than once a day.
• If you are 65 years or older, it is recommended to start with a low dose that is 25 mg of Caverta tablet or as prescribed.
• Caverta Tablet can be taken with or without food.
• In case of an overdose, make sure to contact a doctor as soon as possible.
• If you missed a dose of Caverta Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. In case you remember the dose when it is almost time for your next dose then skip the one you missed and only take the scheduled dose. Never double the dose if you missed it.
Mild Side Effects
The following side effects are minor but they can occur while consuming Caverta Tablet. If any of these side effects get worse, call a doctor right away.
1) You can encounter a flushing which is a feeling of warmth and redness in your skin.
2) You can have a bleeding nose which is not alerting and it very uncommon.
3) You might get diarrhea which is also uncommon but if it persists consult a physician immediately.
4) You can also have a minor headache.
5) You might have difficulty in sleeping.
6) You can also encounter back pain as well as muscle pain.
Serious Side Effects:
These side effects are major and serious that can occur while consuming Caverta Tablet if any of these side effects happen to you, it is important that you consult a physician or head straight to the closest hospital.
1) If you have a painful and prolonged erection that lasts more than 4 hours.
2) If you have pain while urinating.
3) If you have a change in vision in one or both eyes or sensitivity to light. It is usually rare but it can happen.
4) If you have severe dizziness.
5) If you have a severe stomach ache and indigestion.
6) If you notice that your urine is bloody or cloudy.
7) If you feel numbness or a tingling sensation in your arms or feet.
What should I avoid while on Caverta Tablets?
1) Avoid taking Caverta Tablet with any other medicine that helps treat Erectile Dysfunction without consulting your doctor.
2) Drinking alcohol should be avoided or kept minimal while taking Caverta Tablet since alcohol use can decrease the blood pressure lowering the effect of this drug.
3) If you have a cardiovascular, a kidney or a liver disease, using this medicine without consulting a physician can have some dangerous risks or side effects.
4) You should avoid consuming any grapefruit products since it can interfere with the effect of this medicine on your body and the desired results might not be achieved.
5) Avoid using Caverta Tablets if you are suffering from any diseases in your Retina.
6) Avoid consuming fast food, fried food or high-fat food since the potential of Caverta decreases with these foods.