How to use Toptada – A quick guide
Why is Toptada (Tadalafil) prescribed?
- Toptada (Tadalafil) is effective in treating Erectile Dysfunction, the inability to achieve and maintain an erection.
- It also helps in combating prostatic hyperplasia, and urination problems like weak stream, dribbling, hesitation, incomplete bladder emptying, urinary urgency, painful urination, and urinary frequency.
- It also helps patients suffering from pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) to exercise without any harm.
- Toptada belongs to the class of PDE inhibitors. It treats erectile dysfunction by improving blood circulation near the pelvic area.
- They increases the blood flow so as to develop an erection long enough to carry out sexual intercourse.
- It relaxes the arteries and blood vessels within the lungs so that the blood flows more efficiently.
One important thing to note is that Tadalafil will not increase libido or cure erectile dysfunction. It will not prevent STDs or pregnancy.
How should I take Toptada?
- Tadalafil comes in the form of tablets that you can consume orally. You may take the medicine prior to or after eating food.
- Must consult your doctor before consuming this medication. You can take the medication daily or as per your requirement.
- If you want to take Tadalafil daily then you must visit your DR, he will examine the level of your disorder and prescribe the dosage accordingly. You can take tadalafil 30-60 minutes before the sexual activity.
- In case, of some health condition, you can begin with a lower dose of the medication or take as per the directions of your specialist.
- Don’t take more or less than what the doctor prescribes to you.
- If you do not see any results then you should ask your doctor to change your dosage.
Before taking tadalafil,
- Make sure you are not allergic to any component present in Tadalafil. Ask your pharmacist or doctor for the list of ingredients.
- Tell your doctor if you take nitrate tablets, sprays, patches, ointments, or pastes.
- Tell your doctor if you take poppers, drugs that contain amyl nitrate, nitrite, butyl nitrate.
- If you are a pregnant woman and take Toptada for treating PAH, then you must immediately consult your doctor.
- In case you had, surgeries recently mention it to your doctor.
- In case you consume alcohol daily then you must stop it. As it may have some serious side effects.
How can I make up for a missed dose?
- If you take Toptada for Ed, PAH, or BPH regularly, you must take the missed dose as soon as you can.
- However, if it is almost the next dosage, you may skip the missed dosage.
- Do not overdose by taking both doses at the same time.
In case of emergency/overdose
- In the case of a medication overdose or some emergency, call your doctor immediately. If the patient collapses or has trouble breathing then immediately, call 911 emergency services.
- Some patients even experience a sudden loss of all or some vision after the use of tadalafil or similar medications.
- In some cases, the loss of vision was permanent. However, the actual cause of vision loss may not be Tadalafil alone.
- If you are feeling any change in your vision then you must immediately consult your doctor and stop the intake of the drug.
- Some patients even complain of a decrease or complete loss of hearing.
- It has been seen that just one ear is affected by the medication and the damage is not reversible. If you feel ringing in the ear, and, dizziness then you must immediately consult your doctor.
You can also use alternative pills like,
Buy Vidalista 20
Does Tadalafil interact with other drugs?
Taking tadalafil along with other medications can sometimes result in undesirable effects.
Some medications that interact with Tadalafil are:
- Isosorbide Mononitrate
- Nitroglycerin/Glyceryl Trinitrate
How should I store and dispose of Tadalafil?
- It is advisable to store this medication in the same container that comes in. Keep it away from excessive moisture or heat. Room temperature is best suited for this drug.
- Tadalafil should be disposed of carefully. Make sure your children; pets do not consume it. However, you should not wash down the medication.
- The simplest way to dispose of the medicine is to contact the medical pharmacist for a take-back program. You may also contact the local recycling/garbage department to know more about this program.
- It is necessary to keep Tadalafil/Toptada out of the reach and sight of children.
- Not all medications including droppers, pill reminders, patches, inhalers, creams are childproof and kids can easily open them.
- It is advisable to protect your children from undesirable harm by always storing them in a safe location.
What other information should I know?
- Keep regular appointments with your doctor to keep him updated about your condition.
- Don’t let anyone consume your medicine.
- Make sure you list down all the medications you are currently taking, and products like minerals, vitamins, or other supplements.
- Bring this list along with you each time you visit your DR or if you are admitted to the hospital. This information is quite useful in case of emergencies.
What are the side effects of Toptada?
Some of the serious side effects that you may experience while taking Tadalafil include:
- Sudden loss or decrease in vision
- Blurred vision
- Changes in color vision
- Sudden decrease or loss of hearing
- Ringing in ears
- If an erection lasts longer than four hours
- Chest pain
- Chest pain
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
- Swelling of the face, tongue, throat, hands, lips, eyes, lower legs, feet, or ankles
- Blistering and peeling of skin
Last updated by Dr. Mary Hill on September 23, 2021
Author: Dr. Mary Hill
Dr. Marry Hill is amongst the best urologists and content writers, who have treated hundreds of USA as well as international patients. She loves to write content based on Men’s Health problems like Erectile Dysfunction and Sexual Disorders. You can connect on Twitter: @maryhil14623979.