- Kamagra gold is a medicine which is being used to treat erectile dysfunction (ED) or impotence in adult males and pulmonary arterial hypertension in both adult males and females.
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension ( PAH) is the increased blood pressure in the blood vessels that connect your heart to lungs and supply your lungs.
- The altered blood pressure is due to constricted or blocked blood vessels available in your lungs. The resistance of blood flowing to them gets high thus raising the pressure leading to PAH.
- Erectile dysfunction is the lack of getting an erection and maintaining it for enough time to complete your sexual intercourse.
- Kamagra gold treats sexual dysfunction especially erectile dysfunction with its two types.
- Occasional erectile dysfunction happens due to stress or anxiety but is not long termed. Meanwhile, frequent erectile dysfunction occurs when an underlying serious medical condition is causing it.
How do Kamagra Gold works?
- Kamagra gold is a cyclic-guanosine monophosphate ( cGMP) specific- phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor (PDE 5i) that prevents the degradation of cyclic guanosine monophosphate in smooth muscles thus increasing nitric oxide effect.
- The effect of nitric oxide on the blood vessels is vasodilation.
- This drug relaxes smooth muscles, dilates blood vessels, and increases the blood flow going to certain parts of the body including the genitals, resulting in a more sensitive penis.
How to use Kamagra Gold?
- Kamagra gold tablet contains 100 mg of sildenafil citrate (as the main active constituent). The recommended daily dose is 1 tablet Kamagra gold per day.
- The maximum dosing frequency is one tablet in one day (full 24 hours).
- You should consult your physician before starting this drug and exactly follow the prescribed dose for you.
- You should neither initiate the drug use nor cease it without your physician’s assistance. Take one tablet before engaging in any sexual activities for 1 hour for it to start being effective by the time of your sex.
- The effective duration lasts an average of 4 hours for you to experience several erections without worry.
- The medication needs sexual stimulation for its maximum effectiveness.
- You can use alternative ED pills like Cenforce 100, Cenforce 150, Cenforce 200, Fildena 100, Super P Force for your treat sexcual issue (ED).
- Avoid consuming grapefruit products or juice while taking Kamagra gold as it increases the drug’s absorption by 23% which means more side effects.
- It also delays the absorption of the drug and this may lead to men feeling disappointed with the results as it is instructed to be taken an hour before initiating any sexual activity.
- Eating meals high in fat just before taking Kamagra gold is highly discouraged as fatty meals delay the absorption of this drug.
- Also, do not consume large amounts of alcoholic drinks as alcohol causes hypotension and when co-administered with sildenafil-containing drugs it produces a synergistic effect by dropping your blood pressure more.
- So the best modifications to do to increase the benefits of sildenafil is to follow a healthy life plan and eat light meals just before sexual intercourse.
- Kamagra Gold should be stored between 15 to 30 degrees Celsius.
Side effects of Kamagra gold
- Experiencing some of the common side effects, like a headache, flushing, nausea, nose congestion, blurry vision ( or color blindness), dizziness and gastrointestinal tract disturbance, is possible.
- Having more serious side effects like shortness of breath, allergic reactions, angina, painful or prolonged erection ( more than 4 hours) or any other symptoms is a red flag and you should ask for medical help.
- Kamagra gold administration with drugs that are nitric oxide donors is contraindicated as sildenafil is known to cause hypotension if taken with nitrate-containing drugs.
- Antihypertensive drugs like alpha-blockers with Kamagra gold will result in an additive decrease in blood pressure.
- Patients, who are already stable on an alpha-blocker drug, can have dose adjustments of sildenafil by their doctors.
- Avoid taking Amlodipine when taking Kamagra gold as a significant decrease in blood pressure will happen.
- CYP3A4 inhibitors with Kamagra gold: Strong CYP3A4 inhibitors like Ritonavir are especially contraindicated when taking sildenafil-containing drugs as they increase the systemic exposure to sildenafil resulting in more side effects.
- Your doctor should adjust the dose of Kamagra according to the strength of the CYP3A4 inhibitor you take.
Do not take Kamagra gold if any of these meet your medical history:
- If you have an injured or a diseased penis
- If you had a heart attack in the past 6 months or if you have a stroke, angina, severe hypertension or hypotension, or life-threatening heart irregularity.
- If you got diagnosed with sickle cell anemia.
- If you are a multiple myeloma patient.
- If you are a patient having bleeding conditions like a stomach ulcer.
- If you are allergic to the active constituent (Sildenafil citrate).
Last updated by Dr. Mary Hill on September 24, 2021
Author: Dr. Mary Hill
Dr. Marry Hill is amongst the best urologists and content writers, who have treated hundreds of USA as well as international patients. She loves to write content based on Men’s Health problems like Erectile Dysfunction and Sexual Disorders. You can connect on Twitter: @maryhil14623979.